[Olpc-uk] [Marketing] Advertising Age: How Firefox Gets Grass-roots Marketing Right

Miles Berry mberry at bcs.org
Mon Jun 15 09:30:55 EDT 2009

On 15 Jun 2009, at 13:10, Doms Google wrote:

> Bett would be good, everyone and their dog is there, but we'd need
> some capital to pay for a spot!

Well, not necessarily...

Open Source Schools (http://opensourceschools.org.uk) and Open Forum
Europe (http://www.openforumeurope.org/) have booked a small (3mx4m)
but well located stand in the policy zone (near Becta, DCFS etc), for
'The Open Source Schools Cafe'; Sugar/OLPC would fit in well, and
indeed last year's OFE stand had an XO-1 on demonstration, attracting
much interest.
Some contributions to the stand cost would be appreciated, but we
could sort that out later if you were interested in joining in.

You'd also be welcome to join us at our unconference up in Nottingham
on 20th July (http://opensourceschools.org.uk/unconference09 ) at
which Amir is presenting on Sugar and I'm doing a segment on Scratch.

Best wishes,
Miles.