[Olpc-uk] OLPC UK XO software stack

Mr. Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Jun 11 07:51:30 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:56:05AM +0100, Kunal Vora wrote:
> I don't know 100% how long one laptop would take to set-up, but I'm happy to
> play around with one and test it. Once a standard image has been created, it
> shouldn't be too hard to just copy across to the XO's.

Let's get you a laptop from the Library.  I'll email you about the details.

> Maybe you could help me and we could figure out a standard image for
> the machines and optimizing set-up?

Let's do it!

Here's an image (set):

http://www.martindengler.com/~martin/tmp/soas/

...and here's a very interesting "piece of kit":

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Multicast_NAND_FLASH_Update#OFW_Multicast_Wireless_NAND_Updater_.28NANDblaster.29

Here are some future thoughts:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/soas/repos/devxo/blobs/soas-devxo/soas-llll-notes.txt

> Regards