[Olpc-uk] Preparation for pilot deployment and teacher training

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 19:23:20 EDT 2009

Hi All,

We had a very successful initial build out and test of the laptops.

I would like to make specific mention of Luke and Phil who put in a
spectacular effort to go through all 50 laptops and get them flashed,
unlocked and tested. My plan was to get half done and we did an
initial run through them all! Even thought it was a mammoth 9 hour
stint.  With initial testing we currently only have 2 that look like
they have issues which is pretty impressive given the state of one of
the boxes from the courier!

Photos of the day are available here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/an0key/sets/72157621149154301/

Another big thanks to Warren for getting the laptops over to me while
I was racing off to a Data Centre for work in the morning, and Daniel
for being online for doing dev keys and random support stuff.

For the rest of you..... there's going to be other days where your
assistance will be required..... you haven't got out of it because
this pilot will not be successful with the efforts of one or two.

Peter

PS martin... i hope you get over your (swine?) flu soon :-)