[Olpc-uk] Fwd: Re: OLPC (UK) Update - July 5, 2009

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Jul 9 05:27:25 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 04:58:24PM +1000, michael_jordan50 at bigpond.com wrote:
> > From: Amir Ansari <amir at open-edu.co.uk>
> > In return, their contribution to OLPC would be their schemes of work
> > and lessons.

Great!  Who will capture this work on the teachers' behalf?  I don't
think we should rely on them to publish their work.

> > Of major concern is the possible lack of support from the Borough of
> > Kensington & Chelsea.  If we can overcome this and win their backing by
> > demonstrating the value of the project, we'd have a 'design pattern'
> > for future deployments.

I'm not going a decision-maker on this, but I think it'd be a mistake
to waste your time on convincing the powers that be.  Let the
teachers/school lead that effort (of course assisting as need be).  I
don't think lack of support is a roadblock at all.  Benign neglect is
the best we should plan for.

> Amir - Can you put together an agenda, knowing where the teacher's
> are at currently, that will give them the information they need to
> properly use the applications in the classroom?

> This will be the best starting point for the training discussion
> over the weekend.

What training discussion?

> > Amir
>
> Michael Jordan