[Olpc-uk] OLPC (UK) Update - July 5, 2009

Amir Ansari amir at open-edu.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 01:57:38 EDT 2009

In our last meeting with Stephen Boatright of St Cuthbert's, his
teaching team preferred to work out their own ways to integrate the
laptops into lessons, rather than receiving lesson plans.  (Our idea of
suitable lesson plans would be second guesses at best...)  They could
already see that the laptops are usable far beyond the school's current
ICT scope.  They'd be most appreciative if we demonstrate the
capabilities of the activities: I think that should be the focus of the
training.

In return, their contribution to OLPC would be their schemes of work
and lessons.

Of major concern is the possible lack of support from the Borough of
Kensington & Chelsea.  If we can overcome this and win their backing by
demonstrating the value of the project, we'd have a 'design pattern'
for future deployments.

Amir