[Olpc-uk] the British Moroccan Society

Benedicte Clarkson secbms at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 11:47:02 EDT 2009

Hi Faisal,
I sent the following e-mail yesterday because OLPC America mentioned that I could borrow a couple of XO laptops and all I had to do is ask so here I go again:

The British Moroccan Society has been working for other 30 years with local Moroccan charities.
Lately, with the news from the World Bank that more than half the population age 15 and above in Morocco is illiterate, we have decided to focus our resources ( not just monetary as we are a relatively small charity but with 200 members) on education in rural areas ( where children's education is limited and sometimes non existent).

We intend to open Learning Centers comprising a multi function room and a library. The first one will open in Talatast in 6 months time and will cater to more than 100 children age 6 to 12, as well as illiterate women and pre-school children.

I would like to borrow a couple of XO laptops for 3 months to take to Morocco and show the children.
It would be ideal if they had Arabic educational programs and if not at least French. I am French and my team partner is Moroccan. We are both fluent in English and can translate the programs to the children.

Thank you very much for all your help.
Regards,
Benedicte Clarkson
DARTMOUTH HOUSE