[Olpc-uk] Meetings

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Feb 5 15:33:54 EST 2009

Hi,

2009/2/2  <lainysolaini at aol.com>:
> I am interested in organizing two regional meetings. One either in Glasgow
> or Edinburgh and then one in London, for anyone who is interested in
> starting to coordinate fundraising efforts for OLPC in the UK.
> Please feel free to contact me if you would be interested in attending
> either meeting or have ideas about specific talking points:
> lainysolaini at aol.com

Excellent! My suggestions: choose a location (a pub) and a time/date.
Announce it on this list, olpc-open, and grassroots list. Put it in
big on the OLPC_UK wiki page (actually this should be where your mails
refer people to). Attempt to find LUGs or UUGs in the same area and
spam their list too.

Keep the "agenda" open - don't host it specifically for fundraising,
encourage people to bring their own topics or simply to come and talk
about the XO and meet other users. Then bring up your fundraising
topic when you are all together.

You may only get a couple of responses and only a couple more people
actually show up, but that is a great start.

Thanks,
Daniel