[Olpc-uk] UK pilot program update

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:06:19 EDT 2009

Hi Adam,

I thought I'd give you a deployment update as I think its been a while
since there's been an update. We've not been sitting around by a long
shot.

The teachers are back from mid next week to prepare for the new school
year and we'll be there getting the pilot ready. I'm meeting with the
ICT coordinator on Tuesday to cover off any concerns she has, to
introduce her to the details of the support gang and various other
help points of the project. Wednesday the laptops will arrive at the
school and there will be another intro and question session for the
main stake holders. On Thursday or Friday I'm hoping to give a
informal "coffee" session to the rest of the teaching staff that are
interested. On Monday the kids arrive!

In the process of next week I'm going  to coordinate with the school
for blogging and photo documentation of the pilot. I plan to get the
blog on planet.laptop.org in the next week or so.