[Olpc-uk] OLPC UK Local Laptop Lending Library and Repair Centre

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Apr 8 08:12:50 EDT 2009

I'm happy to report that we're well on our way to receiving 10 laptops
for the library (LLLL) - of which 8 are expected to be usable and more
than a handful of damaged laptops to seed the repair centre.

Thanks to the two other volunteers: Dom Baker and David Craddock.  And
thanks to Adam Holt and Daniel Drake for feedback on the proposal.

The next steps are:

1) Make it clear *how to get a laptop* from the LLLL on the wiki
page[1]

2) Make it clear *how to get your laptop repaired* by the RC on the
wiki page[1]

3) Start executing Month 1 of the plan[2].

If people discuss these efforts at tonight's meeting, please summarise
the results on this mailing list (even if it's just "so-and-so talked
about helping, or not knowing what was happening").  I'm sorry I won't
be able to attend because I'm about to get on a plane.

Martin

1. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_UK/Lending_Library_and_Repair_Centre

2. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_UK/Lending_Library_and_Repair_Centre#Month_1