[Olpc-sysadmin] Adding Local Language & Keyboard Layout

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:09:52 EST 2011

Reuben,

Thank you for the pointer to the improved build toolchain.

We really do need to do some updating on the wiki to make the process
of creating and using new keyboard layouts simpler to follow.  We are
having some success with getting localization in languages that are
not well served by the existing keyboards and so we frequently face
the issue of getting new glibc files developed and even new keyboard
layout files created.  Such is the burden of success in supporting
these under-represented languages. :-)

Any assistance from the Localization community with reviewing and
improving the wiki would be much appreciated.

cjl