[Olpc-sysadmin] Syadmin Volunteer - ¿Are these still needed?

Jorge Sanchez jsanchezsilvera at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:13:47 EDT 2010

Hello, I'm Jorge from Uruguay. As you may already know, the Uruguayan
Government is implementing the OLPC laptops on Uruguay (using Sugar), and
I've been interested in this project for quite some time. Since it makes the
"opportunities" gap smaller for kids with fewer resources, and It's teaching
adults that times are changing.

I was visiting this site http://wiki.laptop.org/go/VIG , and I was wondering
if you need any help. I'm out of a job right now and videogames and leisure
are not being nice to me.

(I just found myself thinking what to type next, and If I keep on going like
this, I'll never be able to finish this)

Never worked as a sysadmin before, but i guess all people start somewhere.

- I've been using Linux for some years now, I've used many Distributions, I
can adapt to any of them.
- Never really used another variant of UNIX, but I'm intrigued by those.
- I know how to get my hands on configuring servers and I'm familiar with
services on them and If I'm not, I'm just a browse/manual away.
- I'm motivated by challenges, I wouldn't use Linux if there weren't any.
<-- I know this line is weird. :P.
- I still need to learn BASH/Perl Scripting, It's fundamental, I know, but i
do have limits at "Learning by myself", and videogames are always so close
when I'm stressed.

I have some basic knowledge from everywhere, and I'm looking forward to make
it more deep. I'm willing to help in tedious tasks if it means an
oporttunity for learning.

In other words, I'm willing to be you're PFY. ^^.

Cheers.

Jorge.