[Olpc-sysadmin] [Systems] sunjammer: upgrade to Jaunty, Sat Oct 10th @ 20:00-24:00EST

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Oct 14 15:08:31 EDT 2009

El Wed, 14-10-2009 a las 23:30 +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta escribió:
> I managed to figure out the issue in building the packages -
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2009-February/027439.html
>
> I'm going to do a build in a up to date jaunty VM and install the
> built packages in the server. Also, I'm going to create a PPA
> containing these packages so that we can push updates to that
> subsequently.
>
> Does that sound sane ?

If you're going to create a PPA, then you don't have to do all the extra
work to setup a Jaunty VM: just upload the source package with dput and
the PPA will automatically build binaries for all distros and archs!
It works very much like Koji in Fedora.

If you want to debug a build on a local machine, you could also use your
sunjammer shell account.