[Olpc-sysadmin] prognosis

Henry Edward Hardy hhardy01 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 18:17:10 EDT 2009

The committee at Spaulding which is overseeing my care met today to
define the goals for my therapy here and how long it should take.

In summary, the goal is that I should  be capable of unassisted
independent  living and they project discharging me April 10. Yay.

This by no means that I will be fully recovered. It means walking
slowly with a cane, able to sign my name or write short notes,
relearning typing with the right hand. The right side will still need
work to redeveop full range of motion, strength, and fine motor
coordination.

I should avoid salt as much as possible, exercise regularly and get my
cloresterol  under  ccontrol. I mean too lose a lot of weight,
although it isn't strictly required by my condition, it would give me
more self-esteem and generally make everything else easier.

There is a very good prognosis for making a complete recovery in a
matter of months if i can keep the self discpline to do what I mean to
do.

The one thing right now which I urgently need someone to do is get my
apt keys from me at Spaulding and pick up my mail from my apt for me.
Please let me know if you can do this for me this weekend.

Also,  i moved to the window side of my room, so my room phone is now
617-573-7439.

Thanks,

Henry

--