[Olpc-sysadmin] testwiki.l.o

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:39:15 EDT 2009

On my desktop, I've installed a VirtualBox disc with Ubuntu9.04 Server32.

Progress, so far, modeled after
http://vig.laptop.org/wiki/index.php/Recipe:easywiki:
(See http://vig.laptop.org/wiki/index.php/Recipe:migratewiki.)

1. sudo aptitude install libapache-mod-php5 mysql-server php5-mysql php5-gd
xcache subversion
2. cd /var/www
3. sudo svn checkout
http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/branches/REL1_15/phase3 wiki
4. cd wiki
5. sudo rm -r  extensions
6. sudo svn checkout
http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/branches/REL1_15/phase3/extensions
7. sudo chgrp www-data images config
8. sudo chmod g+w      images config

to some sensible value. 16M should do.

    /etc/php5/conf.d/xcache.ini  was not present.  There must be some
assumed steps missing...

9. http://domain/wiki/config/index.php :

Output for my VirtualBox installation:
  MediaWiki 1.15.0 Installation

   - *Don't forget security updates!* Keep an eye on the low-traffic release
   announcements mailing
list<http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-announce>.

Checking environment...

*Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.
*

   - PHP 5.2.6-3ubuntu4.1 installed Could not find a suitable database
   driver!
      - For *MySQL*, compile PHP using *--with-mysql*, or install the
      mysql.so module
      - For *PostgreSQL*, compile PHP using *--with-pgsql*, or install the
      pgsql.so module
      - For *SQLite*, compile PHP using *--with-pdo_sqlite*, or install the
      pdo_sqlite.so module
      - For *MSSQL*, compile PHP using *--with-mssql not ready*, or install
      the mssql not ready.so module
      - For *DB2*, compile PHP using *--with-ibm_db2*, or install the
      ibm_db2.so module