[Olpc-sysadmin] I need a little vserver for an http post handler [& some scripts]

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Mon Jan 5 18:53:02 EST 2009

Below is my proposed solution for a small recurring problem.

I need to publish a form that lets people enter project data,
urgency/deadlines, email, mailing address, and phone number.  This
should trigger a few things:

* a post of the project information to the wiki
** a talk-page update to a separate wikipage
* an email of the private mailing information to contributors at rt.laptop.org
* a confirmation email to the submitter

My first thought is that the form action can be a cgi script, and the
triggers all part of that script.    The form itself needs to be
validated for doubleclicks, special characters, fields filled out
properly, &c.

The form can reside on dev and the script on a separate vserver, if
this seems necessary..

I will need a similar setup for forms that an OLPC friend/fundraiser
will fill out to indicate their acceptance of the terms required of
all such groups.

Please suggest a way for me to do this.  Thanks!

SJ