[Olpc-sysadmin] Moving wiki.laptop.org, What are your thoughts?

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Mon Feb 2 13:09:07 EST 2009

Sj, VIG, S-G, W-G, et.-al.;

What do people think about trying to mirror and replicate the wiki into a
new Virtual Machine?  Doing a clean install of the latest Mediawiki,
imagemagick and mysql?

Would this be helpful for wiki issues?  (imagemagick and interwiki maps are
totally broken)
Would this be useful for ongoing maintenance?
Could this be helpful for security and anti-spam? (latest versions of
plugins and any new tools << cjl)
Can this be helpful for mirroring and cached versions? (cscott? cjb?)
Would it be helpful to move more things off of the current server? (
pedal.laptop.org)

I have a few other questions, but the most important is:

How much work would this be, and it is it worth it?

If it's an overnight project, I would be happy to help, and even sprint for
pizza here @1cc.

--Seth