[Olpc-sysadmin] Coming out party! woot!

Henry Edward Hardy hhardy01 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:16:15 EDT 2009

I am being released from Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital today where I
have been recovering from my March 17 stroke.

It is now agreed by all therapists and doctors that I will make a full
recovery and be even better than before (in a matter of months)

Accordingly there is a party at my place tonight from 6 to 11pm.

988 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA 02138
Come around back off of Mt. Auburn St. by Darwin's, down Brewer St to the
parking space lableled Number 6 on right
You *must* phone to be let in as there is no outside ringer for my apt (due
to not having a POTS line):

+1-734-474-7215

I had published some rather draconian "do not brings" which made it sound
like a Mormon retreat (even they presumably eat salt). However, I think it
is ok to relax a bit so here is a list of things you might want to bring:

worldbeat type music on cd (just to borrow for the party)
hummous (lots)
olives
vegetables
  carrots
  celery
  radishes
  peppers
  cauliflower
lemon
fruit except grapefruit
fruit juice except grapefruit
fizzy water
I will drink a Framboise Lambic if someone will bring some
other kinds of finger food if you can figure out low salt and low calorie
poetry esp Emily Dickenson, Pushkin, Wilfred Owen, Byron, Rilke, Neruda,
Shelley, Kipling to borrow
science fiction books to borrow
science fiction dvd or vhs to borrow
yourselves
I have been through hell and have walked out like Virgil or Dante and I miss
my friends dearly
Do not express sympathy or regret or pity, I can't allow that or I might
pity myself
Do say you are glad to see me (if you are! lol)
Hugs are welcome
Don't worry if I am emotional in addition to the difficult time, I still
have some emotional lability from the stroke

Do please RSVP so I know how many and whom to expect

--HH.

--
Once more into the breech, dear friends!

King Henry V, Wm. Shakespeare, 1599