[Olpc-sysadmin] Released Tuesday!! April 7!

Henry Edward Hardy hhardy01 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:43:25 EDT 2009

I have "progressed faster than anticipated" in recovering from my stroke.

Particularly the chief therapist was asking me today how I progressed so
fast and I said it was like fencing or Kung Fu where you let you soul (or
chi or whatever) fly up into the blade so it moves you. So he brought me a
kind of plastic foil with a sponge on the end and we fenced. He is a
horrible fencer, point out of line all over the place. So I meant to stand
flatfooted but I could not help some stiff lunges and balestra. The
theraputic staff were looking at me like I was Lazarus because two days ago
it took supreme effort to step over a 6" barrier. This made me laugh, I had
to restrain from laughing maniaically. They already think I am weird enough
lol.

So I get out Tuesday at 10 am instead of Friday. I have a good friend coming
up Thursday the 9th to stay with me for two weeks, but in the mean time I
need a volunteer or volunteers to walk the Henry, feed the Henry, make sure
Henry does not eat sausages or ice cream, takes meds, exercises, does not
get trapped like "help I've  fallen and I can't get up" etc. Also apt. needs
serious cleaning.

There's already a shared google cal to schedule helping Henry time, email me
to volunteer and to get access.

Woot woot woot!!!!!

There will be a party/celebration at my place Tuesday from 6-9pm (assuming
nothing untoward happens):
988 Memorial Drive #187
Cambridge, MA 02138
+1-734-474-7215

You must call me for access as there is no ringer. Come to the back side of
bldg on Brewer St, where the parking marker is for number 6. (Appropraite
lol)

Do not bring anything with salt, sugar, caffine, saturated fats, tobacco or
alcohol. However, I will eat a *small* piece of struedel if Eva can be
induced to make such.

--HH

--
Once more into the breech, dear friends!

King Henry V, Wm. Shakespeare, 1599