[Olpc-sysadmin] Reduce time to live for DNS entry for wiki.laptop.org pls

Henry Edward Hardy henry at laptop.org
Wed Oct 1 14:36:13 EDT 2008

Michail,

Scott asks that we reduce the time to live (TTL) for the DNS entry for
wiki.laptop.org as we are contemplating having it point to a squid on
another host. A value such as one hour should be ok I think. This is to help
reduce the overloading of the wiki which caused us to temporarily ban
201.221/16 (Uruguay) from the wiki per Kim today.

thanks,

--HH.

--
Those who do not understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.   --
Henry Spencer 1987-11-14