[Olpc-sysadmin] Meeting tomorrow

Henry Edward Hardy hhardy01 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:27:04 EST 2008

Hi Kim.

The quick update on owl swan and weka.

Saturday Richard and I got the fc5 virtual machine functions moved over to
weka so that kernel and firmware builds can happen there. We didn't do much
with owl or swan Saturday.

I've corrected a small omission in the backup scripts which did not flag to
preserve file ownership and am re-running those backups. Then migrating
pedal to swan following the model of crank, and then re-doing the crank
backup with the new flag to rsync.

Then we will open the mirrors for a week or two of community testing.

After that we will be ready to deploy the mirrors.

The next step then could be to set up database replication for higher
availability of the databases.

--HH.

--
βλεπομεν γαρ αρτι δι εσοπτρου εν αινιγματι
-- שאול התרסי , First Letter to the Corinthians 13:12