[Olpc-sysadmin] wiki.laptop.org upgrade

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Dec 4 15:12:32 EST 2008

C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> Incidentally, we have laid the groundwork to have safe "sandbox"
> versions of all our important services where changes can be tested
> prior to being made on the live site.  This wiki upgrade would have
> been a perfect opportunity to use a sandbox.

Yeah, I remember someone (Kim?) saying we should be moving each wiki
into its own VM for security and separation.  I'd volunteer to do this
over the weekend if someone is around.

> As it is, it appears that the site upgrade broke squid caching (in
> particular commit 08738cb15fac477ca7795b0fdc00b265825747e4) and some
> visitors will be receiving pages in the wrong language.  Our mediawiki
> installation is quite patched, and an upgrade should have been
> approached with a great deal more caution.

I've noticed your change and merged it back on top of the 1.13
changes.  I thought git had handled the rest of the merge allright,
but apparently not.

Would you like me to have a look at it later tonight, or would you
prefer to handle it yourself?  See you on IRC.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/