[Olpc-sysadmin] India opportunity for OLPC, See Chat with Educator and Franciscan Nun in Chennai, India

Andrew Michael amaginaction at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 10:06:25 EST 2008

  *Infanta John <johninfa at gmail.com> * *Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:22 AM *  To:
amaginaction at gmail.com
   4:58 AM Infanta: Hello Andrew how are you? I am sr. Infanta
  How is your health?
4:59 AM me: Good to hear from you.
 Infanta: Hai Andrew so long I didnot meet you Andrew
  How are you?
5:00 AM me: Next time please say the time you are available. Thank you. I
was just writing a letter for you!
 Infanta: Really So much I missed
 me: To One Laptop Per Child in Massachusetts, asking them for help for use
of the computer you have.
 Infanta: Andrew I am doing PGDCA Course in the unversity. so every saturday
sunday I am going for class
5:01 AM me: Good what is PGDCA Course?
5:02 AM Infanta: Post Gratuate degree computer Application
 me: I need your help with Sister Angelina and Antoniammal! I have asked for
estimates of cost to make the toys.
5:03 AM Infanta: Sr.Antoniammal Said about the project. Now some sisters are
learning to make a toys. So Congratulations.
 me: I need just an estimate of the cost per toy, how many toys like a Naai
could be made in a month or week by the Women from the Empowerment Centers,
a list of the materials to be used, the cost of a simple recorder to be
placed inside the toy.
5:04 AM Infanta: today I will ask sr. Antoniammal over the phone then She
will contact you.
 me: That's good. And I need to hear more and communicate to raise funds to
support this effort.
  Thank you!!!!
 Infanta: Did you talk with Sr. Antoniammal?
5:05 AM me: I have phoned, but I got no answer. What number to call?
 Infanta: Andrew whenever you need help Surely I must do for you.
  Dont worry.
5:06 AM me: Are you OK? I was very saddened by the Mumbai attack and I heard
there was flooding in Tamil Nadu.
 Infanta: Her land line no is 044-224959849/ 224953246
5:07 AM me: How long does your course go for?
 Infanta: Andrew many people are staying in our Little Mount school Because
of the flood.
 me: The website for One Laptop Per Child is
http://laptop.org/en/utility/contact/index.shtml
 Infanta: One year course
  Thank you
  Andrew I need one desktop computer for doing my project
 me: My gosh. So you are serving these flood refugees.
5:08 AM Infanta: yes. Tamilnadu government providing food some times we also
doing some kind of help
5:09 AM me: Best to buy it in India and get an inexpensive one!!! Too much
hassle to send it, makes no sense. Find out the costs if you need help to
purchase it.
 Infanta: thank you Andrew. when I will send the the particulars.
5:10 AM Tomorrow Shall I send it.
 me: Here are particulars for the One Laptop - One Laptop per Child
P.O. Box 425087
Cambridge, MA 02142
USA
Tel. (617) 452-5663
  Sure tomorow is good.
 Infanta: Andrew I want to do M. C.A. (Master of computer application)
5:11 AM If you can please help me. Congregation give money for the studies
only. but I need computer
 me: Good, this One Laptop Per Child could be a project that you can manage
to assist your students. They might help you in getting computers. You must
show initiative to get their attention.
5:12 AM I will print out this chat and send it to them with you email so
they can contact you! Should I give them your phone number too? Which one?
 Infanta: okey Thank you Andrew. then How is your health & Business which is
autobicyle
5:13 AM My phone no. is 09940075837
5:14 AM me: Health is good, but very slow to lose weight. I am swimming
alot. My bike-rickshaw is used to get to work and also take people around.
See http://picasaweb.google.com/amaginaction and look for RickshawAMP Photo
Journal.
  Thank you for phone, I shall send this to them so they will hopefully call
you or email you and help you.
5:15 AM Infanta: okey thank you Andrew. Andrew Really I enjoyed with you
when you were in chennai.
5:16 AM me: Me too, I loved shopping with you. I have the Olympic wallet
always near me and the Rickshaw parts have been used to improve the
Rickshaw.
 Infanta: very good. Andrew. then when will you come to chennai?
 me: I loved doing stuff with you. I hope to do more and visit again. This
business could really make it happen.
5:17 AM As soon as I am able, hopefully early 2009.
5:20 AM Infanta: very good. I am eagerly waiting for your arrival.
  When will go to south Tamilnadu. which is our native
5:21 AM me: Nundree. Everyday I say mantras in Tamil, including the Soul Pal
Naai - Namaste Arre Manu Inbru .
5:22 AM Next time I hope. What is best time to go to southern tip of India?
 Infanta: very good keep it up. okey. How is Jakie Miller?

--
Andrew Michael
Partnerships For Change
andrew at partnershipsforchange.com