[Olpc-sysadmin] wiki.laptop.org upgrade

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Thu Dec 4 09:25:53 EST 2008

Thanks; that is certainly more urgent.

I would particularly like to understand why that time/day was chosen and
what process is used for announcements/notifications.  There are many people
who were obviously affected by this upgrade (like me) who were completely
unaware of it.  Some of those people got notifications after the fact (like
me) while most of them have no idea what happened.  They just wanted to get
information from http://support.laptop.org and found it wasn¹t there.

The ³discussion² at the sysadmin meeting said very little; I thought you
were having a discussion about it yesterday, not installing anything.  I was
IN that meeting (and paying attention, and have re-read the transcript) and
was completely unaware that wiki.laptop.org would be offline on Wednesday
evening.

    - Ed

P.S. I removed devel from the cc list and added techteam as most of the
folks on devel aren¹t involved in IT support issues.