[Sur] [Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOB] another motion (Quispe trip to Translation Summit)

Walter Bender walter.bender en gmail.com
Mie Mayo 18 16:11:13 EDT 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>
>> Fortunately, SLOBs votes are done via email, at any time, and the monthly
>> SLOBs meetings are there to unjam any backlogs.
>

> ah I was under the impression that motions were debated and voted in the
> meetings, with recourse to e-mail when meeting time ran out after debate
> but before a vote.
>
> Nobody's in thrall to a higher power here, and if the SFC requires every
> single expenditure to be voted, there is a reason, and perhaps the reason
> isn't valid. With resources limited as they are, we need to be vigilant
> about bureaucracy, that's all.
>
> Speaking of which, the SLOBs may wish to consider a motion numbering
> system such as is used by legislatures. It could simplify referencing
> previous decisions, in particular providing a search engine handle which
> could be used to reconcile authorized expenditures. And motions could be
> more easily listed for governance history.

Nice idea. I could start by numbering the motions listed in [1].

-walter

[1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions

--
Walter Bender