[Sur] [Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOB] another motion (Quispe trip to Translation Summit)

Sean DALY sdaly.be en gmail.com
Mie Mayo 18 11:53:24 EDT 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> FWIW I think this is reasonable, since the board have shared and equal
> financial responsibility for the Conservancy account.

In my view it's theoretically reasonable, however there is a real risk of
red tape logjam. It's quite common for orgs to set a reasonable amount
limit for expenditures not requiring formal votes, to reduce bureaucratic
delays (i.e. waiting for the next meeting then spending time on it). It's
also quite common for all such expenses to be accounted for anyway, and for
the limit to be adjusted up or down per requirements, to better focus on
the important issues at hand.

Sean