[Sur] [IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [SLOB] meeting reminder and some open issues to discuss

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho en hotmail.com
Sab Mayo 7 18:25:24 EDT 2016

OK. I'm with Samson on this. If we had the ability to spend small amounts on things for conferences and exhibitions like sticker materials, banners, or even pizza lunches for our booth volunteers so they wouldn't have to leave to go eat, we could do a better job of "selling" SugarLabs and its projects. But I think members (not just SLOBs) should have input on this. I suggested $100 max without prior SLOB approval. Others may think it should be higher or lower.
Caryl

From: samsongoddy en hotmail.com
To: lionel en olpc-france.org; dave en lab6.com
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 21:25:42 +0100
CC: slobs en lists.sugarlabs.org; iaep en lists.sugarlabs.org; sugar-devel en lists.sugarlabs.org; olpc-sur en lists.laptop.org
Subject: Re: [IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [SLOB] meeting reminder and some open issues to discuss

Well, I won't go against lionel, but I have something to say. Is not as if everyone wants to take money from SL but for the benefit for the SugarLabs. If we keep using this mindset I don't we will be able to grow bigger as planned. My project was for the betterment for both Nigeria and SL. Like I said before I believe in helping not profit organization. I volunteer for Schlumberger SEED project which claudia is aware of. Guess what, I don't receive money from the company. It up to SL to decide how to get users, so my project was a way I know I can be able to get more users. Sometimes you have to spend to make things bigger. Nigeria is a third world country, so lot of cash don't flow. Thanks
Samson Goddy