[Sur] Fwd: Open Ed Jam is now Libre Learn Lab - Oct 8th & 9th at MIT

Walter Bender walter.bender en gmail.com
Mie Jun 22 13:11:10 EDT 2016

>From Maraih:
​
​Striving towards education freedom.

HI EVERYONE,

We are excited to announce that Open Ed Jam has been revamped! It is now
called* Libre Learn Lab* and will be hosted at MIT's Sloan School of
Management on Oct 8th & 9th, 2016. This year's theme is "From Play to
Policy" which we think will bring in great sessions, workshops and panels.
Check out the new website! www.librelearnlab.org

*"Libre Learn Lab is a binannual two-day summit at the Tang Center in the
Sloan School of Management at MIT in Boston, Massachusetts on October 8th
and 9th 2016 for people who create and implement freely licensed resources
for education, bringing together educators, policy experts, software
developers, hardware hackers, and activists to share best practices and
address the challenges of widespread adoption of these resources in
education."*

Feel free to reach out to Mariah through this email address for any
correspondence about the event.

*3 important things to note:*

*1. Our Call for Proposals is live!*

If you're interested in submitting a proposal, you have plenty of time to
do it! Our Call for Proposals <http://www.librelearnlab.org/call-proposals>
closes on July 15th. Please share it with anyone who may be interested
along with the CFP flyer attached to this email
*. We are reaching out to you specifically because you helped make Open Ed
Jam great by being an active participant and we would love to see you again
this fall!*

*2. Keynote Speakers confirmed!*

Our two keynote speakers will be Stefania Druga from HacKIDemia and Andrew
Marcinek from the U.S. Department of Education. We appreciate their
involvement in our event and look forward to the conversations that are
sparked from their experiences. Learn more about their work
<http://www.librelearnlab.org/keynote-speakers> on our website.

For more event information visit, http://www.librelearnlab.org/event-info

*3. Stay in the Loop*

Registration will open soon, so you'll receive an update on that shortly!

In case you're on Twitter, the hashtag for the event is #LiLeLa. Our handle
is @LibreLearnLab <http://www.twitter.com/LibreLearnLab>

IRC anyone? We'll have a channel set up on Freenode using #LiLeLa.

Visit us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/LibreLearnLab>, as well!

*Looking forward to seeing yall again!*

- The Libre Learn Lab Organizing Team

If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please reach out!

--
Mariah Noelle

--
Walter Bender