[Sur] [IAEP] Sugar oversight board meeting

Sebastian Silva sebastian en fuentelibre.org
Mie Nov 6 18:21:22 EST 2013

El 06/11/13 17:35, Sean DALY escribió:
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson en gmail.com
> <mailto:pbrobinson en gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     But you have for a long time refused to actually even market SoaS!
>

> That's right, at the time SoaS became an official Fedora spin, Mel and
> Sebastian decided to take over marketing, which included coming up
> with unmarketable names, linking with Fedora announcements, and
> opening a Fedora hosted minisite (the "home" of SoaS), none of which
> was done with any consultation of the SL marketing team.

Please try to include last names, you mean Sebastian Dzallas, original
developer of "Sugar On A Stick".

Now that we're on the topic... the concept "Sugar On A Stick" has
several problems.

1.- It suggests it's the only possible Sugar OS on a USB.
2.- It suggests it's not a serious OS to be installed on a computer.
3.- It's impossible to translate.
4.- It suggests it's not regular GNU/Linux, with availability of the
Myriad other GNU/Linux educational tools.

Regards,
Sebastian Silva
R+D SomosAzúcar
Sugar Labs Perú