[Sur] [IAEP] Sugar oversight board meeting

Walter Bender walter.bender en gmail.com
Mar Nov 5 08:44:59 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Going a bit off topic, but a pretty major issue I see in our workflow with
> Fedora is that we don't have a good way to develop unstable Sugar on a
> stable Fedora. Rawhide is, or at least is perceived as, unstable. And I'm
> not sure what would be a good way to, for example, produce and distribute
> 0.100 rpms for Fedora 19. We can setup our custom automated build system and
> repository of course, but I'm not sure that's a good approach? Part of the
> problem here is that upstream tends to depend strongly on very recent
> libraries which are not yet available in the stable fedora, though maybe now
> that the gi conversion is over we can avoid that.

I think it is doable. The more difficult part is getting the Fedora
bits to run properly on the XO hardware -- something OLPC had spent
lots of time on. So while I think we can make Fedora releases -- and
probably should -- they probably won't do much good directly for our
major user community.

-walter

--
Walter Bender