[Sur] [IAEP] TI MSP430 running on XO 1 - Robotics!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson en gmail.com
Vie Feb 10 05:06:54 EST 2012

2012/2/10 Yamaplos . <yamaplos en gmail.com>:
> The TI MSP430 chips are a very attractive alternative to add robotic
> options for XO / Sugar users. "Microcontrolers" are the brain behind
> many engineering hobby and educational pursuits, but many alternatives
> are expensive or very hard to run in the XO.
>
> The TI Launchpad board, with a G2553 microcontroler and an extra G2452
> in the box, is available from Texas Instruments for $4.30 USD,
> including shipping anywhere in the world (yes, hard to believe).
> http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP430_LaunchPad_%28MSP-EXP430G2%29
>
> Here are the instructions for running the Launchpad with the G2452.
> Maybe if the next iteratiuon of Sugar uses Fedora 15 we will be able
> to use the G2553 as well.
>
> http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/OLPC_XO-1

The next release will be based on F-17 but both those packages are
listed. You might want to use one of the test releases based on F-17
that I've released (new one coming soon) to make sure it all works OK
and feedback any issues to ensure we get them fixed for the final
release.

Peter