[Sur] [OLPC-SF] Partnering with OLPC

Kevin Mauricio Benavides Castro kmbc141290 en gmail.com
Jue Mayo 19 10:22:03 EDT 2011

hi all

I'm kevin from Nicaragua and I've helped several foundations thathave the one
laptop per child program, which I have worked withthe Ministry of Education
of Nicaragua, like other foundations thatI can help

2011/5/18 Edward Cherlin <echerlin en gmail.com>

> I am copying my reply to the It's An Education Project and OLPC-SUR
> mailing lists of Sugar Labs. I recommend that your staff and members
> take a look at the archives of these lists, and consider whether to
> join them.
>
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/
>
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:44, Evan Markiewicz
> <emarkiewicz en sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > To whom it may concern,
> > I am writing to introduce you to our organization, ViviendasLeon. We are
> > non-profit community development and global education organization based
> in
> > San Francisco and Leon, Nicaragua. We work in rural communities creating
> > development programs in construction, environmental, economic, capacity
> > building and education development. We have recently been informed of
> your
> > organization by a teacher in San Rafael who knows of your organization
> OLPC
> > and recommended we contact you.
>
> We are delighted to hear from you.
>
> > I would like to know how we might partner with OLPC to provide computer
> > training and equipment for the pre-school through 11th grade students in
> the
> > communities we work in, and for small business start ups we develop in
> > Nicaragua.
>
> OLPC provides XO laptops running Sugar education software through
> governments and NGOs. It commonly happens that people in a particular
> country get together over the Internet to work on such projects. In
> your case, this is
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Nicaragua
>
> Sugar Labs has just begun a project to produce learning materials for
> free distribution. If you tell us your requirements, and introduce us
> to your trainers, we can work together using our Replacing Textbooks
> server.
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Replacing_Textbooks
>
> > ViviendasLeon partners with other organizations and institutions to
> provide
> > the spectrum of development programs we offer in Nicaragua.  One of these
> > partners is the USF School of Business.  We have been working with the
> PSIP
> > program there for 3 years to develop small businesses including a sewing
> > cooperative and our current project, a bee keeping cooperative.   These
> > small businesses in particular, and like everything we do in Nicaragua is
> > laboratory to explore best practices in development and implementation of
> > projects uniquely suited to the location and community.
>
> I am of the opinion that creating businesses through microfinance and
> other methods is a critical factor for the success of the OLPC
> education project's mission to end poverty. I would be delighted to
> discuss this with your partners.
>
> > We would be interested to find out how we might work with you.
>
> There are several possibilities.
>
> Obviously, OLPC is most interested in getting XO laptops with Sugar
> [...]

Soporte Técnico | Proyecto XO
*Gang member of the International Support *
Nicaragua.**
===

*****
**