[Sur] My research so far has lead me to the notion

Olpc Sur olpc-sur en lists.laptop.org
Sab Dic 10 11:56:48 EST 2011

David,

in this message with a diff purpose I notice a most interesting line,
the one regarding your research.

Let me suggest that you chase learning objects + learning styles +
teaching styles.
Learning objects, alone, furthers the mistake of the "one size fits
all" education, which never will work, for it is contrary to nature
itself, where each Creature is an Individual.
That is the main reason every single great idea in education - be it
sets, Open School, Montessori, etc., has been successful only to the
extent it fit to those teachers who were a good "fit", and, just as
OLPC itself, fails to scale well, and eventually we descend to the
morass of administrator-favored one-size-fits-all with blackboards,
paper and notebooks.

Once the variation in learning and teaching is recognised, embraced
and levered upon, a lot of things will work, among those especially
learning objects - an area I've spent some time myself - I thus
believe your stuff to be quite useful for my own work, yet mostly
useless as long as the OSFA methods are the ones ruling the classroom.

Best to you

Yama