[Sur] quick guides

Carlos Rabassa carnen en mac.com
Dom Ago 29 17:52:35 EDT 2010

Kathleen,

Thanks for all your help!

> Is it okay to post your translated versions on EtoysIllinois?

Yes, of course.

> Do you plan to post them on ceibal.edu.uy?

I have no specific plans.

If it is OK I would like to publish them in the Squeakland.org showcase.

I can publish them one at a time,  with names with a common root.

It is quite easy to find them there.

Each time I publish one I would like to post messages in the forums I usually follow:

http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/america-latina/
olpc-uruguay en lists.laptop.org
olpc-sur en lists.laptop.org
http://rapceibal.ning.com/

I would also send them to

http://rapceibal.blogspot.com/

they usually publish most things we send them but it is not an automatic process.

I could send them to http://ceibal.edu.uy

but chances are they will not publish them because they are salaried public servants and do not like volunteers to compete with them while working for free.

I believe most people will not look at any long list of anything, such as a list of all the guides but,  they usually look at something short,  simple and useful as any of your quick guides.

EtoysIllinois.org is already in place as an excellent repository of all the material for those having a specific problem or need and trying to find a solution or inspiration.

You might recall in Porto Alegre many of the teachers from Uruguay were familiar with your site.

The publication of one guide at a time in the forums will hopefully cause some conversation for some time.

Please let me know if you have any objections to this plan.

Carlos Rabassa
Volunteer
Plan Ceibal Support Network
Montevideo, Uruguay