[Sur] Turtle Art Portfolio v-7

Walter Bender walter.bender en gmail.com
Vie Ene 23 14:49:42 EST 2009

The little documentation I have written so far is here:

http://sugarlabs.org/go/TAPortfolio

There is a brief tutorial here:

http://sugarlabs.org/go/TAPortfolio#Quick_Tutorial

The key idea is to draw upon content that is in the Journal. So, for
example, the description text in the Journal is used as the text on
the slide. The preview image is used as the figure on the slide. The
goal is to have the learner reflect upon their work, select important
learning moments, and then create a narrative. But it can also be used
as a more conventional presentation tool, e.g., I gave my talk at LCA
-- a 40-minute lecture -- using it.

enjoy.

-walter

2009/1/23 Claudia Urrea <claudia at laptop.org>:
> Walter.. is there any documentation of the Portfolio? When I heard about it
> I thought it was a ppt type of application, but I downloaded it and it
> reminds me of Mitch and Brian Silverman's active essays... cool!
>
> Let me know.. Claudia
>
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I pushed a new version of the Portfolio tool (See
>> http://sugarlabs.org/wiki/images/e/e6/TurtleArtPortfolio-7.xo).
>>
>> It has a number of improvements over the previous versions, including:
>>
>> * fixing a bug that prevented the Spanish version from launching
>> * export of the presentation as HTML with embedded images
>> * more extensive use of the toolbar, including a play button
>>
>> I also reworked the arithmetic operators based upon feedback from some
>> of the teachers on the Sur list. (Please see
>>
>> http://sugarlabs.org/go/TAPortfolio#Some_new_approaches_to_arithmetic_operators).
>>
>> If there is positive feedback in regard to these changes, I will push
>> them to Turtle Art as well.
>>
>> Any and all feedback is most welcome. Also, please add
>> comments/corrections to the Activity wiki page:
>>
>> http://sugarlabs.org/go/TAPortfolio
>>
>> Finally, I am looking for someone in the community who would like to
>> design some new slide layouts (or style sheets for the HTML export).
>>
>> regards.
>>
>> -walter
>>
>> --
>> Walter Bender