[Sur] [support-gang] Change the World (FAST!)

Samuel Klein sj en laptop.org
Jue Feb 5 23:27:06 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Sebastian Silva
<sebastian en fuentelibre.org> wrote:

> We specifically asked, as per Yama's "pronunciamiento" that you so much
> liked, for "a simple process for buying 1 or 200".

Noted.  You mean in some way similar to G* - with minimal warranty and
support, at whatever cost is necessary?

> I will continue to thank whatever support we get from the contributor's
> program, however that is not an answer for actual deployments, which is my
> main interest.

As you say, it is not.  Share your ideas for small deployments, and
find ways to make them happen; there are many people in our community
and others who can help you make it so.

SJ

--
> But then I guess you're happy selling to corrupt officials that keep your
> shiny XOs in warehouses until Microsoft is ready to put Windows on them.

This must be Niwdog's Law -- any thread about OLPC that goes on long
enough will include a reference to corrupt officials and Microsoft.