[OLPC-SF] OLPC-SF July meeting this Saturday

Aaron D Borden adborden at live.com
Sat Jul 9 04:14:00 EDT 2016

Carol Ruth Silver will be presenting the proposed mission statement for
OLPC-SF. The statement we're recommending follows:

> OLPC San Francisco is a welcoming, connected, global community that
> brings together educators, technologists, anthropologists,
> enthusiasts, champions, and volunteers. We share stories, exchange
> ideas, solve problems, foster collaboration, and have fun. Our
> starting points are the One Laptop per Child and the Sugar Labs
> projects, and their continuing world wide mission, to empower children
> through education. We believe that in education, engaged creation is
> more powerful than passive observation.

You can read more about the presentation and our methodology here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w-K9T8pHf6iRcEXATosPs96lOVsXVRLELgqL2rVk45s/edit?usp=sharing

--
Aaron D Borden
Human and Hacker