[OLPC-SF] OLPC SF July 2014 meeting

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jul 15 20:59:10 EDT 2014

This month's OLPC SF meeting will be on July 19, 2014 from 10AM to 1PM
at SF State University's Downtown campus in Room 597. Note that while
this room is on the 5th floor, it is different from the one we usually
meet in.

835 Market St., Room 597
San Francisco, CA 94103

Agenda:

1) We will have the usual updates from projects in Madagascar, India,
etc. We will also have the latest build running Sugar 102, which comes
from OLPC Australia aka One Education folks.

2) We now have two copies of the image for Internet in a Box (at
760GB). We'll have one copy running to look into/examine via a XSCE 5
server. You are welcome to make a copy of IIAB (1TB USB 2 or USB 3
drive recommended).

3) Discuss the possibility and logistics of the OLPC SF Community
Summit 2014 as a face-to-face plus online virtual summit, given new
space and other constraints. Face-to-face is expected to be smaller,
and online is expected to include more global locations.

Please send in additional agenda items.

cheers,
Sameer
--