[OLPC-SF] [Olpc-open] OLPC-SF August Meeting

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Mon Aug 12 18:50:09 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Christoph Derndorfer
<e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hey Aaron et al,
>
> since the 2 days of Sugar Camp after the main summit event last year turned
> out to be such a great opportunity to get work done, I was wondering whether
> we could maybe set something like that up again?
>
> Cheers.
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,

The space on the 5th floor, which is the College of Business (where I
work) is full during weekdays, so getting a room there on weekdays is
pretty impossible. Classes are in full session, so that space is not
available. There may be space on the 6th floor, but because of the way
our contract works, one of you (or an agency like Sugarlabs) will have
to do it separately with the rental agency.
http://www.sfsu.edu/~downtown/rental/rates.htm

Additionally, I cannot be at the site for the days proposed because of
conflicts with teaching and other related work, so I cannot play host.
I realize the value in maximizing trip for those who want to stay for
the following week, but logistically, it is difficult for me.

There are other spaces around that geographical location (a few blocks
each way), which might be available and may be cheaper/free (hub,
noisebridge, etc), so let us know and we'll look it up.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.