[OLPC-SF] OLPC's XO 3.0 tablet hands-on (video) -- Engadget

Morgan G. Ames morganya at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 23 05:57:25 EST 2012

Wow, nice! It's great to see that the alternative power options are
finally being realized. I'd want the production model to have three
additions: first, it really needs more than one USB port -- I can
imagine students and teachers plugging in their own keyboards and mice
to this, but with only one USB port they'd have to add a USB hub to
the cost as well. Second, I hope hope hope that they put a sturdy
cover (maybe plexiglass?) over the screen! That was the most common
break I saw in the field, and a broken screen not only renders the
laptop unusable, it is prohibitively expensive for much of the target
audience to replace and can only be fixed by replacement. Third, and
this is more optional, it'd be nice if it had a built-in stand to sit
on a table at a comfortable viewing angle. Maybe this is something
that could be added to the rubber cover?

Thanks, Sameer!
Morgan