[OLPC-SF] Technical session suggestions for OLPC SF summit

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Sep 21 12:21:58 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Holt <canoe.berry at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Daniel Drake writes:
> > I'll be at the SF summit next month and I'd be interested in running a
> > technical session or two.
> >
> > I'm looking for suggestions - what would people like to learn more about?
>
> This is the greatest news.  I say we humiliate Chief Sameer (who doesn't
> believe in speeches) and make DSD our keynote speaker, covering ALL topics,
> and buy him 1 drink for every topic he covers.

Chief Sameer is beyond humiliation - I work with you all, remember? ;-) I am
still not too keen on keynotes and other ways in which the community gets
tiered, but yes, Daniel's insight into the project is tremendous, and drinks
will be a plenty :-)

>  Tangentially (?) school server documentation/Activities integration will
> be an especially interesting topic to me, given smallscale work starting in
> Haiti next week (to be blogged soon at http://buildingaschool.org etc)
> thanks to Tony Anderson & All.

I would find a report on the 1.75 and the move to touch/GTK3 quite valuable.

cheers,
Sameer