[OLPC-SF] [support-gang] Help Activity Refresh during summit?

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Wed Sep 21 12:01:26 EDT 2011

Thank you Bastien for carrying the torch. But what do we have here?! A new
help.xo maintainer perhaps GrannieB?!  :-)

Thank you everyone for engaging in this conversation! My goal was not a
lofty one. If all we can accomplish is to get the images updated and
transition into online book sprint later on like Rita has suggested I would
consider it a great start. I see 5-7 potential participants so far (If we
open it up as an online Flossmanuals session during the summit we can
possibly get more participants) I think we can possibly accomplish more than
just a "start" in a 2-3 hour session. I can probably coherently explain
Physics, SocialCalc, Etoys to a beginning user but like I said TamTams are
something I can't quite grasp. But what I did find in participating with the
writing of Etoys manual at Squeakland is that you learn a whole lot by just
working on documentation so I am willing to learn and cure my tone deafness
in the process if we pick TamTam to tackle just for the summit.

Having said all that...in the interest of full disclosure, I won't be
available on Friday for the summit which would actually be the perfect day
for this as Adam has suggested. Yes yes, I feel your collective scorn. :-(

So hopefully we can do this online or squeeze it in the other days (willing
to work on it till midnight on Saturday)?

Cheers,
Cherry