[OLPC-SF] Fwd: PLNs and NYT today

george pope gpope111 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 16:32:05 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: george pope <gpope111 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 13:25:19 -0700
Subject: Re: PLNs
To: Elizabeth Melone <dmelo4 at msn.com>
Cc: andrew pope <andrewpope at sbcglobal.net>, thomas pope <tpope415 at hotmail.com>

Thank you for this heads up. As I see it its about government
contracting (the bane of our contemporary political system) and here
$2.2 billion for software subordinated to Standardized tests which are
cynically modeled on cultural and economic norms and prejudices.

Foss OLPC software is created by people who love and believe in
education and is free and ingenious.  If you have time please find out
more about primary education in Scandinavia. I try to send something
about this to NYT but not tonight.

love pop