[OLPC-SF] Partnering with OLPC

Evan Markiewicz emarkiewicz at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 18 12:44:46 EDT 2011

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to introduce you to our organization, ViviendasLeon.  We are a
non-profit community development and global education organization based in
San Francisco and Leon, Nicaragua.  We work in rural communities creating
development programs in construction, environmental, economic, capacity
building and education development.  We have recently been informed of your
organization by a teacher in San Rafael who knows of your organization OLPC
and recommended we contact you.

I would like to know how we might partner with OLPC to provide computer
training and equipment for the pre-school through 11th grade students in the
communities we work in, and for small business start ups we develop in
Nicaragua.

ViviendasLeon partners with other organizations and institutions to provide
the spectrum of development programs we offer in Nicaragua.  One of these
partners is the USF School of Business.  We have been working with the PSIP
program there for 3 years to develop small businesses including a sewing
cooperative and our current project, a bee keeping cooperative.   These
small businesses in particular, and like everything we do in Nicaragua is a
laboratory to explore best practices in development and implementation of
projects uniquely suited to the location and community.

We would be interested to find out how we might work with you.

Regards,

Evan
--
Evan Markiewicz