[OLPC-SF] Intro to list / Summer PyGames

Travis A travis.axtell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 03:17:14 EDT 2011

Hello OLPC-SF --

Last month I joined the group meeting.  It was great to meet other OLPC
community members, and I look forward to getting to know more of you.

Back in 2009, I worked with high school students on making OLPC activities.
I mentored on the programming, and had another great friend, Elizabeth
Barndollar, work with artistic students to create content.  I point
Elizabeth out because she created the shirt design from last year's OLPC-SF
summit.  Since this time, we've started a competition among high school
students to create more activities.  We've been very happy with the success
and growth thus far.  The games are distributed on OLPC's given out by the
Palmetto Foundation in rural South Carolina, and are available on the
internet for download.

I'll be attending this weekend's meeting as well.  If I don't get my
presentation together in time, then I'll have it ready for next month.  In
the interim, the website is http://www.summerpygames.org/ for information.

I'm also collecting ideas for swag give-away items for the summit.  If you
can't make this meeting but have an idea that you want considered by the
group, send it along.

Travis