[OLPC-SF] Haiti Solar power charging XO project - funding needed

Bruce Baikie bruce at green-wifi.org
Sun Apr 3 14:56:40 EDT 2011

Hello fellow OLPC'er

Schools in Lascahobas, Haiti received XO laptops in 2009, when they had
electric grid power. Unfortunately, the grid hasn't been functional
since the devastating earthquake of Jan. 2010, and these schools and
over 1,000 children with XO laptops, have had no means to charge them
for over a year now.

A team of students from Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) and I
worked on a nice solar design and want to install their design to charge
these XOs.  But this take funding and the IIT students have placed their
project on Global Giving.  I would like to challege you to donate at
least $10 to the project.

I just donated and you can do the same at:
http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/solar-transformation-for-haitian-education/

Thank you and best regards
Bruce Baikie
Green WiFi

PS to read more about their project see:
http://www.iitempoweringhaiti.org/