[OLPC-SF] Community summit - remote participation

Holt holt at laptop.org
Mon Oct 18 12:16:19 EDT 2010

  On 10/18/2010 11:37 AM, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> I was wondering what the possibilities for remote participants / viewers
> were for the community summit?
>
> > From what I've seen on the schedule the only sessions that are
> specifically mentioned to be Internet streamed are the ones on late
> Sunday morning / early Sunday afternoon...

1) Notetaking will be requested during ALL sessions, supervised by Ben
Sheldon, who will ask that EVERY session have a link to Wiki/Blog
Minutes posted *promptly*, right off the schedule here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/Community_Summit_2010#Schedule_of_sessions
     http://www.linkedin.com/in/bensheldon

     Session Leads will NOT receive neither dinner nor drinks (nevermind
love!) if they neglect this duty!!

2) Realism and Realness #1: the priority is for all ~100 people to get
to know each other first and foremost, during the very limited critical
48+ hrs we have to get to know each other, volunteers especially having
spent *massive* sums to fly themselves around the world in so many cases!

3) The energy of so many people meeting each other for the first time
(eg. European & Asian attendance suddenly grew further this past
weekend!) will create *lots* of stories never told before -- some on the
record, some very much off!  Our Film & Mapping Teams will map these
flows in new ways you have not seen before -- you heard it here first --
full announcement forthcoming later this week:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/Community_Summit_2010#Photography_Album_.26_Film.21

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/Community_Summit_2010#Planning_to_attend.3F

4) Many volunteers have neither the resources nor the desire to all be
youtube stars (quite frankly, many have in fact already asked NOT to be
videotaped!)  Notwithstanding everyone's personal opinion on "The
Revolution Will Not Be Tweeted" (look it up, and read it, strong
face2face bonds are what build movements!) a select number of sessions
will be carefully videotaped and later posted, thanks to Ben Sheldon
keeping us all honest :)

*/5) Please monitor Live Chat on http://forum.laptop.org/chat for the
latest updates all weekend!  (that's #olpc-help on irc.freenode.net)/*