[OLPC-SF] Pilot update from the field

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jul 19 16:11:04 EDT 2010

Hi Cherry,

the topic of lack of activities for learning / practicing Mathematics
has come up repeatedly over the past few years.

Here in Austria some people at Graz University of Technology in
collaboration with the teachers of the Austrian OLPC pilot project have
been working on an activity called "ReckonPrimer" for practicing basic
Maths in the past year. It's still a bit crude in terms of the usability
and has a couple of other issues but it's generally well thought out and
quite popular with the pupils here in Austria.

You can download the .xo file (which isn't based on the very latest
code!) at http://www.ist.tugraz.at/projects/isac/rp/ReckonPrimer-6.xo,
find more information about the project at
http://www.ist.tugraz.at/projects/isac/rp/ or access the code at
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/rp

In case you do try it out or have teachers use it I'd be very interested
in your feedback as the project will be continued once university starts
again in October and I'm currently in somewhat of a brain-storming
period for this.

Thanks,
Christoph

--