[OLPC-SF] Fwd: [IAEP] Announce: OLPC software strategy.

Carol Ruth Silver carol at silverlaw.biz
Sat Jul 10 16:49:24 EDT 2010

2010 July 10 Saturday

Dear Sameer and all:

Although I am a non-techie, I believe that I read in the forwarded
release from OLPC that the existing XO 1.0 laptops will be able to be
updated to the same software as will be on the XO 1.5.  If so, great,
and thank you to the team of volunteers, (including the wonderful Bernie
Innocenti, whom I had the pleasure of meeting at the OLPC Realness
Summit in Maho.)

Now my question:  Will the software be downloadable?  And for those of
us veterans of G1G1 for whom that would still be a bit of a challenge,
could OLPC-SF provide at its next meeting after the release an
opportunity for bringing in one's XO and having it updated with a USB
stick?

Best regards,

Carol Ruth Silver

--