[OLPC-SF] XO 1.5 Troubleshooting manual?

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Sat Apr 3 18:40:39 EDT 2010

Thanks for the response Christoph! I saw Adam's call for this efforts in the
IAEP mailing list. I would love to help but
will be going home to the Philippine's for a teacher training next week in
prep for our first pilot. I am frantically trying to
bundle every support material I could get in a CD hence the query.  We won't
have a permanent XS server until
Mitch (OLPC-Aus) gets there in June.

I will be available to help after April 22nd. I didn't see the link to a
flossmanual on that e-mail though. Is this going to be done
with a different tool?

I'm curious to know if you have some sort of a flow chart or diagram for
kids to use to do initial hardware troubleshooting
of their laptops. I'm hoping to get the kids self sufficient in this area or
at least be able to articulate the steps they've taken to
debug/troubleshoot their problem in a report to send out to a repair
personnel. We are using XO 1.0s for the training but
the skills may be transferable to XO 1.5 with minimal changes (I hope). If
not, I will try to come up with something. Maybe it
will be useful for the guide.

Regards,
Cherry
P.S. I don't have a 1.5 but will try to learn as much as I can during
another OLPC-SF meeting to help out with documentation.
Sameer, maybe this will be a good session for our next meeting?