[OLPC-SF] OLPC-SF Digest, Vol 21, Issue 3

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Sep 11 13:03:13 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Kirrily Robert <skud at infotrope.net> wrote:
> Meh. I'm afraid the SFSU campus is a bit too far out of my way, and
> the need to eat around it is a nuisance, so I think I'll be giving
> this one a miss til you're back downtown.
>
> K.
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Carol Ruth Silver
> <carol at carolruthsilver.net> wrote:
>> Let me add my Welcome, and say: Eat breakfast, bring snack, lunch late.
>> Stonestown requires a drive from most places on SFSU campus. CRS
>>
>> _________________________________
>> Law Offices of Carol Ruth Silver
>> 68 Ramona Av
>> San Francisco 94103
>> 415-861-5802 Fax: 415-522-1933

1600 Holloway Ave. is a stop on Muni's M line. If you drive, you can
park on 19th, Holloway or Junipero Serra. These are fairly clear on
Saturdays. Stonestown has a food court and two cafes and a couple of
coffee bars. One in Nordstrom's basement (fairly good) and a Boudin
cafe right outside Macy's on the other end of the mall. There's also
Borders bookstore cafe, McDonald's and a Trader Joe's right next to
the McD.

I usually walk to Stonestown (approx. 6 to 7 minutes) but the
proximity of Stonestown from campus is subjective to other preferences
:-)

On campus, we have a cafe (Cafe 101) that's open from 8am to 2pm.
http://www.sfsustudentcenter.com/services/restaurants.php There is
also a "Subway" on campus (near student housing area) that's open on
Saturdays.

As for meeting location, it doesn't HAVE to be SFSU :-) As long as we
can get a location with parking, power, projector, etc. we are good.
Please feel free to suggest and arrange for other locations.

cheers,
Sameer